- Pastry for 1 double-crust (9-inch) pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, sliced mangoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
How to Make It
Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Arrange half of mangoes in pastry shell; sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with lemon juice; dot with butter.
Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness; place over filling. Trim edges; seal and flute. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes on lowest oven rack. Reduce heat to 350°; bake an additional 35 minutes. Cool.