Wrapped in papery brown husks, tomatillos look like small green tomatoes, but their pulp is firm rather than juicy and peppered with tiny seeds. Frequently used in Southwestern cooking, they bring a refreshing citrus taste to recipes.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 3 Hours
- 6 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 mangoes, chopped
- 1 papaya, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Chop tomatillos. Stir together tomatillos, mangoes, and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note