Mango-Miso Mahi Mahi with Lentils and Vine-ripened Tomatoes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2/3 cup uncooked lentils
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons macadamia nut oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mango puree or orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless mahi mahi fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 vine-ripened red and/or yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup watercress sprigs
- Prepare lentils according to package directions. Combine lentils with mint, vinegar and 4 tablespoons macadamia nut oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
- Whisk together mango, miso, mirin, and sake in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil in wok over high heat. Sear fillets quickly on both sides until browned but not cooked through. Brush fillets with mango-miso mixture, and turn over. Cook fish over medium heat 6 minutes or until just opaque throughout. Serve fillets over lentil salad with tomatoes and watercress.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes