- 2/3 cup uncooked lentils
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons macadamia nut oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mango puree or orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless mahi mahi fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 vine-ripened red and/or yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup watercress sprigs
How to Make It
Prepare lentils according to package directions. Combine lentils with mint, vinegar and 4 tablespoons macadamia nut oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
Whisk together mango, miso, mirin, and sake in a small bowl.
Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil in wok over high heat. Sear fillets quickly on both sides until browned but not cooked through. Brush fillets with mango-miso mixture, and turn over. Cook fish over medium heat 6 minutes or until just opaque throughout. Serve fillets over lentil salad with tomatoes and watercress.