Very nice! I doubled all the spices because I hate to be teased by flavor.
Mango-Mint Agua Fresca
Notes: If making up to 4 hours ahead, cover and chill puréed mixture; add ice just before serving.
Yield: Makes about 12 cups; 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 136
- Calories from fat: 2.6%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 6.9mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pounds firm-ripe mangoes
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed and drained
- About 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprigs
- 1. Cut and discard pits and peel from mangoes. Cut fruit into chunks.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, in batches, whirl the mangoes, orange juice, mint leaves, and 5 cups water until smoothly puréed; pour into a pitcher. Stir in 1/4 cup lemon juice, or to taste.
- 3. Pour agua fresca into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mango-Mint Agua Fresca Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Nonalcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, No-Cook, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: Mexican, Central/South American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor
- OCCASION: Summer, Cinco de Mayo
- PUBLICATION: Sunset
More Recipes for Beverages