I made this dessert and I am so happy with it. It was extremely hot this weekend, and this worked really well to cool it down!!!!
Extremely healthy and naturally fat-free, sweet mango ice provides both vitamins A and C from the mangoes and orange juice. Enjoy this simple, make-ahead dish as a warm weather dessert or afternoon snack.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 142
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 1.7mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled ripe mango (about 4 mangos)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth (the ingredients may need to be processed in 2 batches).
- Press mango mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish; cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Place mixture in a food processor, and process until slushy. Freeze for 3 hours. Soften slightly in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note