this was so good, I made it for family gamenite, and I liked it so good, I made half the recipe again the following nite. We ate it 3 days in a row. Its wonderful! Didn't change a thing. Served it with the Chicken with sweet chili sauce, altho the jalapeno(& substitutes) were not listed on my copy of the recipe. It was fine without it, & I don't think I would add it anyhow.
2006 Cook-Off Finalist.
This recipe goes with Grilled Sweet Chili Chicken With Mango-Cucumber Slaw
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons DOMINO Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients until sugar dissolves. Pour over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note