This was so easy to make and absolutely WONDERFUL!!! My mom grew up in the Philippines and I made it for her - she couldn't wait to get the recipe - said it was one of the best desserts she had had in awhile.
Mango Cream Pie
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 1/2 cups mango nectar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnishes: whipped cream, fresh mango slices, fresh mint leaves
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp.
- Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Combine nectar and next 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and cool to room temperature. Spoon mixture into prepared piecrust; cover and chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Mango nectar may be found in the Mexican-food sections of most grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts