- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts*
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mango nectar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 3/4 cup chopped dried mango
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- calories 256
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 6.1 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 6.6 g
- carbohydrate 46.2 g
- fiber 5.4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 46 mg
- calcium 58 mg
How to Make It
Place macadamia nuts in an even layer in a shallow pan.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, microwave broth and mango nectar in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to boil. Place couscous and dried mango in a large bowl, and stir in broth mixture. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff couscous with a fork, and stir in toasted macadamia nuts, lime rind, and next 3 ingredients. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds may be substituted.
Note: Reheat leftover couscous in the microwave, stirring in a small amount of low-sodium fat-free chicken broth as needed to moisten.