Very good. Easy to make. The taste is unique and addictive. Only complaint is that the sherbert is a bit hard and not as pliable as traditional ice cream (but that's to be expected since it substitutes coconut milk for regular milk/cream). If you put the container in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, it becomes substantially more malleable. Otherwise it is an excellent, delicious, and healthy dessert!
To toast flaked unsweetened coconut, spread it in an even, single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Then, bake in a 350° preheated oven for 5 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 26mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 2 cups cubed peeled ripe mango
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Combine cubed mango, sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and coconut milk in a blender; process until mixture is smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions to soft-serve consistency. Spoon sherbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Sprinkle each serving with coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note