One of the few dishes my husband wouldn't eat. I thought it was bland.
Mango Chutney Chicken
Looking for a way to spice up chicken for a weeknight dinner you won't forget? Try this mango chutney chicken dish served over basmati rice for a tropical twist.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 564
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 100g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thighs, fat-trimmed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup Major Grey chutney
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 firm-ripe mango (about 1 lb.), pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 cups hot cooked white basmati rice
- 1. Cut chicken into about 2-inch chunks. Put in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Turn pieces as needed until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add curry powder to pan and stir about 30 seconds, then mix in chutney, ginger, lemon juice, and chicken broth. Scatter mango over chicken. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender when pierced, about 30 minutes.
- 3. With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a bowl and keep warm. Boil sauce, uncovered, over high heat, stirring to prevent sticking, until reduced to about 1 1/4 cups, 2 to 4 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken.
- 4. Serve chicken mixture on rice; add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note