- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon non-iodized salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 pounds green mangos
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds raisins, chopped
- 2 pounds currants
- 3 (16-ounce) packages light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- Combine water, salt, and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a large glass mixing bowl; stir well.
- Peel and slice each mango, and immediately drop into acidulated water. Rinse and drain in cold water.
- Grind together mango, onion, and garlic in a stainless steel stockpot, using coarse blade of meat grinder. Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing well. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens.
- Quickly ladle chutney into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments