I will definitely make this again. It was easy to put together, yet not your boring average quesadilla. I had never cooked with chorizo before and found it a little tough to chop, but it was a wonderful addition and went well with the mango.
Mango, Chicken, and Chorizo Quesadillas
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Chorizo, smoked pork sausage spiced with cumin and garlic, is often used in Spanish cooking.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 quesadilla)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 34.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 910mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- 1 link Spanish chorizo sausage (about 3 1/4 ounces), diced
- 1 1/4 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free roasted corn salsa
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in chicken; sauté 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove sausage mixture from pan; set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle half of each tortilla with 3 tablespoons cheese; top with 1/4 cup sausage mixture, 2 tablespoons mango, and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Carefully fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to seal.
- Return pan to medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 filled tortillas to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat with cooking spray and remaining filled tortillas. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes