Mango Chicken Boats with Macadamia Nuts
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 311mg
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (or sour cream)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Belgian endive spears from 3 large heads
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- 1. Combine chicken, mango, celery, green onions, and tarragon in a large bowl.
- 2. Whisk together lemon juice, crème fraîche, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Add to chicken mixture; stir gently to combine.
- 3. Spoon chicken salad onto endive spears, then sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
- Top Wine Picks:
- Dry Creek Vineyard 2009 Wilson Ranch Dry Chenin Blanc (Clarksburg; $12). Honeysuckle and Meyer lemon aromas meet a rush of melon, apple, and citrus, with a tangy, limestone finish.
- Husch 2010 Chenin Blanc (Mendocino; $11). Shades of the off-dry Chenin we chugged in the '80s, only better, with pretty peach and almond blossoms.
- Pine Ridge 2010 Chenin Blanc + Viognier (California; $14). A Chenin at heart with a splash of Viognier; juicy peach, pear, green apple, tangerine, and a whiff of spicy jasmine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This