Poaching the chicken breasts in a mango and spice mixture gives this simple chicken recipe tons of added flavor. The cooking liquid doubles as a simple sauce with the addition of cornstarch. The entire recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 8.3%
- Protein: 55g
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- 4 frozen boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 1/4 cups mango nectar
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. Place chicken in an 11- to 12-inch frying pan. Add mango nectar, broth, lime juice, ginger, and cinnamon. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until meat is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), 15 to 20 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- 2. Boil pan juices over high heat, uncovered, until reduced to 1 cup, about 5 minutes. Mix cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water, pour into sauce, and stir until boiling. Pour over chicken. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note