The flavor of this recipe was nice, but there should've been a clear amount on the quantity of mango to use. I used 3 large mangoes as the recipe called for, and this was clearly too much. The cooking time took longer than stated, and even though I got the center up to 150 degrees it never really set up properly. I think this recipe has great potential just not as written.
Howard L. Puckett
This mango cheesecake gets its golden color and tropical flavor from stirring a mango puree into the cream cheese mixture.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large ripe mangoes, cubed
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Garnishes: fresh mango slices, fresh berries, fresh mint
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a bowl; press into bottom and 1-inch up sides of a buttered, 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325º for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Process mangoes in food processor until pureed. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, mixing just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in mango puree.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 325º for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This