A wonderful recipe, very quick and easy. I took the advice of other reviews and decreased the oil and sugar. Served the shrimp on mixed greens. Will definitely make this again.
Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Cholesterol: 148mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large firm-ripe mangoes (2 lbs. total)
- 2 medium firm-ripe avocados (1 lb. total)
- 2/3 cup each thinly sliced green onion and chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot red or green chile (or 1/2 tsp. dried red chile flakes)
- 1 pound (70 to 110 per lb.) peeled cooked shrimp
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- 2. Dice mangoes and avocados into 3/4-in. cubes; add to bowl. Add green onion, cilantro, chile, and shrimp. Mix gently. Serve or cover and chill for up to 1 hour.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This