Mango and Avocado Salad with Spiced Candied Pecans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) pecans
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 5 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 8 ounce(s) mixed Baby greens
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1. In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the pecans and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the nuts turn a deeper brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the sugar and the cayenne and stir just until the sugar dissolves. Turn the nuts onto parchment or wax paper to cool
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- 3 In a large serving bowl, combine the greens, avocado, mango and pecans. Toss with the dressing and season to taste with salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Heather3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mango and Avocado Salad with Spiced Candied Pecans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads