I took some of the suggestions and cut the recipe in half, add red peppers and mushrooms, cut down on the sour cream, add the juice from the cooked chicken and covered while cooking and I very much enjoyed it
Mandy’s Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole
This cheesy dish is similar to the potluck classic known as poppyseed chicken casserole, or Ritz cracker chicken casserole. For even more variations, experiment with adding your favorite veggies, substituting different cheeses, or swapping in low-fat sour cream to reduce the calorie load.
- 3 to 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 16-oz. pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked
- 24-oz. container sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- Combine chicken, noodles, sour cream, soup and cheeses in a large bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Mix together cracker crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle poppy seed over cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until crackers are crispy and golden and cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note