New favorite!! It's easy and inexpensive. I also make it for sick friends and potlucks and get high compliments every time. Note, I made a few changes: one can of Cream of Chicken with Herbs soup, one can of Cream of Mushroom, a bag of frozen peas, 2 tablespoons of garlic powder and no poppyseeds.
Mandy’s Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole
This cheesy dish is similar to the potluck classic known as poppyseed chicken casserole, or Ritz cracker chicken casserole. For even more variations, experiment with adding your favorite veggies, substituting different cheeses, or swapping in low-fat sour cream to reduce the calorie load.
- 3 to 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 16-oz. pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked
- 24-oz. container sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- Combine chicken, noodles, sour cream, soup and cheeses in a large bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Mix together cracker crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle poppy seed over cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until crackers are crispy and golden and cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note