- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted and divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Beat eggs, 1 cup sugar, and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add 1/4 cup oil, beating until blended.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and almonds, tossing to coat.
- Combine remaining 3 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; add to egg mixture alternately with remaining 3/4 cup oil, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts and toasted almond mixture.
- Divide dough into 8 portions; shape each portion into an 8- x 3-inch log on lightly greased baking sheets (4 logs may be placed crosswise on each of 2 baking sheets). Stir together remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over logs.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay slices flat on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; turn slices over, and bake 5 more minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note