Mandarin Salad Oriental
- 1 (3-ounce) package Oriental-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- Remove flavor packet from soup mix, and set aside. Crumble noodles.
- Bake noodles in a shallow pan at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool.
- Cook almonds and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and almonds are evenly coated. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together reserved flavor packet, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, oil, and next 5 ingredients.
- Toss together lettuces, celery, and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Add noodles, almond mixture, and orange sections, and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads