Wow! Everyone loves this -- rivals Applebee's Chicken Oriental Salad. Yum.
Mandarin Salad Oriental
- 1 (3-ounce) package Oriental-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- Remove flavor packet from soup mix, and set aside. Crumble noodles.
- Bake noodles in a shallow pan at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool.
- Cook sliced almonds and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and almonds are evenly coated. Remove almond mixture from heat, and set aside.
- Whisk together reserved flavor packet, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, oil, and next 5 ingredients.
- Toss together lettuces, celery, and onions in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss. Add noodles, almond mixture, and oranges; toss. Serve immediately.
- Prep: 25 min., Bake: 10 min., Cook: 6 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads