- 1 (3-ounce) package Oriental-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
How to Make It
Remove flavor packet from soup mix, and set aside. Crumble noodles.
Bake noodles in a shallow pan at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool.
Cook almonds and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and almonds are evenly coated. Remove from heat.
Whisk together reserved flavor packet, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, oil, and next 5 ingredients.
Toss together lettuces, celery, and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Add noodles, almond mixture, and orange sections, and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.