Mandarin Orange Cake
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
- 1 18 1/2 oz. pkg. white cake mix
- 1 11-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained and juice reserved
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 8-oz. cans crushed pineapple
- 1 3 1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 8-oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Combine cake mix, reserved juice, egg whites and oil. Blend with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, until creamy. Fold in oranges; pour into a greased and floured 13"x9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pour pineapple and its juice into a medium bowl; stir in pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping and 1/2 cup coconut. Mix well; chill while cake is cooling. Spread over top and sides; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings