This was an excellent hot summer day desert, cool and refreshing. I do agree with others that the crust shouldn't cook till it's brown. It was hard, but good! It's not a desert that cuts cleanly or stays square because of the pudding mix, but who cares, it's the taste that counts.
Mandarin Cream Delight
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 9 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 (11-ounce) cans mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix or 2 (1.4-ounce) packages sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- To prepare crust, combine the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour and salt to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well-blended.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pat dough into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, and pierce bottom of dough with a fork. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool crust on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, drain mandarin oranges over a large bowl, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine juice, 1/4 cup sugar, sour creams, and pudding mix in a large bowl. Stir in the orange segments. Spoon orange mixture over crust, spreading evenly. Top with whipped topping. Chill 1 hour. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note