- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, torn (8 cups)
- 1 (11-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Place almonds and 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until sugar coats almonds and turns golden. Spread in a single layer on lightly greased wax paper; cool 20 minutes. Break into pieces, and set aside.
Combine oil and next 6 ingredients in a jar with a lid. Tightly close lid, and shake well. Chill until ready to serve.
Toss together lettuce, oranges, onion, and almonds. Shake dressing, and drizzle over salad just before serving.