The chorizo and broccoli rabe balance each other nicely. Simple to make and although not WOW, definitely very good.
Manchego and Chorizo Pizza
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Protein: 15.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46.1g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 624mg
- Calcium: 175mg
- 1/2 pound broccoli rabe (rapini), trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 link Spanish chorizo sausage (about 2 ounces), thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain; squeeze excess moisture from broccoli rabe, and pat dry with paper towels. Coarsely chop, and sprinkle with salt.
- 3. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with Manchego cheese. Top with broccoli rabe, chorizo, plum tomato, and red onion. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until crust browns. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note