Mamey is a tropical fruit grown in Central and South America. It has a smooth, orange pulp. If it's unavailable, substitute mango.
This recipe goes with Achiote-rubbed Roast Pork Loin
Yield: Makes 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped mamey
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Sauté mamey, onion, and garlic 5 minutes. Add water, wine, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Pour mixture into a food processor or blender, cover, and process until smooth. Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl; stir in lime juice and salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments