Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cups Tropical Foodâs Mexicali FireÂ® Snack Mix, crushed
- 1 lb. pork loin chops
- Â½ tsp. ground cumin
- Â¼ tsp. chili powder
- Â¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Â½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) butter
- Â¼ cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) tsp. cinnamon
- Maple syrup as needed
- 1 box(es) cornbread mix
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- Â½ cup(s) carrots steamed and chopped
- Â¼ cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- Â½ cup(s) pecorino romano cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butterfly pork loin and pound each piece into a rectangular shape.
- Set in fridge.
- Dice sweet potatoes and boil until tender. Combine cornbread mix, milk and 1 egg, bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Steam carrots.
- When cornbread is finished, break into crumbs and stir in chicken stock, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, garlic, carrots, celery, cheese and half of Tropical Food’s Mexicali Fire®.
- While stuffing is baking, mash sweet potatoes. Add butter and stir in cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Take out pork loin and season with 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Place spoonful of stuffing mixture in middle of pork loins and roll tightly like a burrito.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take out pork loins and dip in flour, egg wash and roll into remaining Mexicali Fire®.
- Roast pork rolls for 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature is at 165 degrees. Allow meat to rest for ten minutes before cutting.
- Drizzle meat with maple syrup as desired and plate on top of sweet potatoes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note