Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2.5 cup(s) Sugar
- .5 cup(s) Hersey's cocoa powder
- .25 cup(s) white karo syrup
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- .5 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 stick(s) Salted butter
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecans
- Slow cook on medium heat in a tall cooking pot the first five ingredients.
- Stir constantly. If foaming boil begins remove pan from heat slightly.
- Cook to soft ball stage.
- Add butter and cook 2-4 min more.
- Remove and set in sink of cold water.
- Add nuts and stir with spoon (forever)
- Candy is ready to bring up when Mamaw approves (Ha) or when it is a glob like consistency on the spoon and can't be stirred.
- Spread candy into a buttered serving platter.
- It should look creamy not dry and not too shiny.
- Undercooked is better than over cooked.
- If overcooked put back in the pot and add milk to start again.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rhondah4uk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mamaw's Fudge Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy