Mama's Corn Bread Dressing
Get a head start by making the corn bread a day or two ahead.
Yield: 12 servings
- 5 cups Mama's Corn Bread, crumbled
- 3 cups (1-inch) cubed, toasted white bread (about 5 (1-ounce) slices)
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the broth, celery, onion, and butter in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Add broth mixture to corn bread mixture, stirring well. Add sage and next 4 ingredients (sage through egg white); stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes; cover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables