Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.
Yield: 6 servings
Cost per Serving: $1.71
- 1-1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 4 slices whole grain bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 egg
- 1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1. Combine ground beef, bread, eggs, 1/2 cup Pasta Sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in medium bowl; shape into 18 meatballs.
- 2. Bring remaining Pasta Sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in 3-quart saucepan. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- 3. Serve over hot spaghetti.
- TIP: Try adding a cube of mozzarella cheese to the center of each meatball for an easy but fun recipe twist.
- Cost per recipe*: $6.84
- Cost per serving*: $1.71
- *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories 470, Calories From Fat 90, Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0.5g, Total Fat 10g, Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 640mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g, Sugars 9g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 36g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 25%, Iron 30%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes