Mama's Cheese and Pineapple Salad
This is a recipe my mother has made since I was a child out of the 1960 Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. It is no longer in the newer cookbooks. It is a staple at our holiday dinners and always the first thing to go. She usually makes this the night before. I could almost skip the meal and put the bowl and spoon in front of me and I am done! ENJOY! ~ Pamela Schorr, Little River, SC
Yield: 6 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 can(s) 8 oz of pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 envelop of unflavor gelatin (knox)
- dash of salt
- 1 cup(s) sharp cheddar (mom uses mild) grated
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; Mix sugar, gelatin and salt; add hot water to reserved juice to make 3/4 cup; add sugar mixture and heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved; Chill until partial set (about 30 minutes)
- Whip heavy cream and then add 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp. of sugar;
- After chilled and still workable, Add pineapple, cheese and fold in whipped cream.
- Chill to firm and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by plmmissy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes