Mama's Cheese and Pineapple Salad
This is a recipe my mother has made since I was a child out of the 1960 Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. It is no longer in the newer cookbooks. It is a staple at our holiday dinners and always the first thing to go. She usually makes this the night before. I could almost skip the meal and put the bowl and spoon in front of me and I am done! ENJOY! ~ Pamela Schorr, Little River, SC
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) 8 oz of pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 envelop of unflavor gelatin (knox)
- dash of salt
- 1 cup(s) sharp cheddar (mom uses mild) grated
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; Mix sugar, gelatin and salt; add hot water to reserved juice to make 3/4 cup; add sugar mixture and heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved; Chill until partial set (about 30 minutes)
- Whip heavy cream and then add 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp. of sugar;
- After chilled and still workable, Add pineapple, cheese and fold in whipped cream.
- Chill to firm and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by plmmissy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note