Mama's Baked Bean Casserole
Recipe from "Fred Thompson's Southern Sides". This simple dish can be aseembled in about five minutes. Rich and hearty, a thick stew of sweet, salty, savory and spicy ingredients that fires on all cylinders, wakes up your tastebuds and keeps you warm. "A pot of beans in the oven" by Michael Hastings, Winston-Salem Journal: November 7, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 16-ounce can(s) pork and beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared yellow mustard
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a large baking dish, cover with foil, and bake one hour.
- 3. Uncover and bake 20 more minutes or until beans have thickened. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note