Malted Milk Ice Cream Pie
Crunchy malted milk balls are part of the ice cream filling in Malted Milk Ice Cream Pie. This chocolaty pie is winner with both kids and adults.
More From Allyou
Freeze: 4 Hours
- Calories: 449
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- 1 2/3 cups crushed chocolate wafers (from about 24 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/2 cups malted milk balls
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1. Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine wafers and sugar in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add butter and pulse until crumbly, about 10 seconds. Press mixture evenly over bottom and slightly up sides of a 10-inch springform pan (mixture will be dry). Bake until firm and set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 2. Make filling: Place malted milk balls in a large ziplock bag. Seal bag and crush candies with a rolling pin. Set aside 1/2 cup of crushed candies for garnish. In a large bowl, stir ice cream, malted milk powder and remaining crushed candies. Spread evenly over bottom of cooled crust, smoothing top. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 3. Make glaze: Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Pour over chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk until completely smooth. Working quickly, pour glaze over pie and spread evenly. Sprinkle with reserved crushed candies. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 4. Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving and let sit at room temperature. Just before serving, run a sharp knife around pan edges, loosen pan sides and unmold to a plate. Use a sharp knife to cut cake into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note