So simple to make and delicious! Have made twice in the past week. Served at a family dinner and everyone was asking what the crust was made out of... they were surprised by the sugar cones and loved it! Will continue to make for dinner occasions.
Malt Shop Ice Cream Pie
Think of this no-cook pie as a deconstructed hot fudge sundae in an ice-cream cone--crushed cones form the crust cradling the malt-flavored ice cream and toppings.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 pie wedge, about 2 1/2 teaspoons hot fudge, and 2 tablespoons whipped cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 316
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 57.7g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 155mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 sugar cones, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups strawberry low-fat ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder, divided
- 1/2 cup strawberry topping
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge topping
- 1 1/4 cups canned whipped light cream (such as Reddi-wip)
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place softened strawberry ice cream and 2 tablespoons milk powder in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spoon mixture evenly into crust; spread with strawberry topping. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place softened vanilla ice cream and remaining 2 tablespoons milk powder in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over strawberry topping. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Top with hot fudge and whipped cream just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note