I made this tonight...It's one of the select few recipes my husband said to make any day of the week, whenever I want!! It is super yum. The only changes I made: Browned the chicken in Spam, added a teaspoon of sesame seed oil to the sauce before cooking and...sorry, I love Pillsbury pizza dough. It's pretty fool proof and delish!
Malaysian Chicken Pizza
Malaysian chicken pizza is a pie with a spicy, sweet, peanut butter and soy sauce-based sauce that seemed ahead of its time in 1991 when it first ran. Twenty years later and it’s still a new adventurous pizza for most people. If you like barbecue chicken pizza, you’ll love this.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 52 Minutes
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 39.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 525mg
- Calcium: 209mg
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons natural-style chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12-inch) Basic Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
- 4. Pour rice vinegar mixture into pan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. (Mixture will be consistency of thick syrup.)
- 5. Sprinkle cheeses over prepared Basic Pizza Crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with chicken mixture. Bake at 500° on bottom oven rack for 12 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with green onions. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light September/October, 1991 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note