- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons natural-style chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12-inch) Basic Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- calories 350
- fat 12.2 g
- satfat 4.6 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 20.5 g
- carbohydrate 39.1 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 525 mg
- calcium 209 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°.
Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
Pour rice vinegar mixture into pan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. (Mixture will be consistency of thick syrup.)
Sprinkle cheeses over prepared Basic Pizza Crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with chicken mixture. Bake at 500° on bottom oven rack for 12 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with green onions. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light September/October, 1991 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.