Makeover Old Fashioned Eggnog
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 quart(s) 2% milk
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon(s) rum extract
- 4 cup(s) fat-free half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually whisk in milk and eggs until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160*, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, strain eggnog mixture; stir in the cream and nutmeg. Pour into glasses. YIELD: 18 servings
- NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 197 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 32g carbohydrates, trace fiber, 8g protein.
- DIABETIC EXCHANGE: 1 starch, 1 reduced-fat milk
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SharonKurtz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Makeover Old Fashioned Eggnog Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Nonalcoholic