Make-Ahead Yeast Rolls
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 133mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 packages dry yeast (about 4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat or nonfat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes. Combine yeast mixture, 2 cups flour, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a wooden spoon 2 minutes. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times. Divide dough in half; shape each portion into 16 (2-inch) balls. Place balls in two 9-inch square pans coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 hours or until dough is doubled in bulk.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 5. Bake rolls at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note