Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Garden Vegetable 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 15 sheets frozen phyllo dough (14x9 inch), thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- MIX first 5 ingredients until well blended. Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with butter; top with 2 more phyllo sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the remaining butter. Place remaining phyllo between sheets of plastic wrap; set aside.
- SPREAD 1/5 of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in long sides of phyllo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture. Brush with remaining butter. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- FREEZE up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove desired number of logs from freezer. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, several hours or overnight until thawed. Unwrap, then place on baking sheet. Bake in 375°F oven for 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 6 slices.
- Storage Know-How: Leftover phyllo sheets can be wrapped tightly and refrozen.
- How to Prepare with 18x14-inch Phyllo Sheets: Use a total of 9 phyllo sheets, spreading 1/3 of the filling on each stack of 3 sheets and rolling up each stack to make a total of 3 logs. Freeze and bake as directed. Cut each log into 10 slices to serve.
- Variation: Omit butter. Spray phyllo sheets with cooking spray instead of brushing with the melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This