- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless pork loin chops, cut into chunks
- 1 (12-ounce) package 50%-less-fat ground pork sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 15 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 (16-ounce) packages wonton skins
- Oyster sauce (optional)
- Thai chili sauce (optional)
- Ginger Dipping Sauce (optional)
- calories 40
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 0.8 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 6 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 101 mg
- calcium 7 mg
How to Make It
Process pork loin in a food processor until finely chopped.
Combine pork loin, pork sausage, and next 11 ingredients.
Cut corners from wonton skins to form circles. Drop 1 teaspoon mixture onto middle of each skin. Gather up skin sides, letting dough pleat naturally. Lightly squeeze the middle while tapping the bottom on a flat surface so it will stand upright.
Arrange dumplings in a bamboo steam basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with sauces, if desired.
Note: To freeze, arrange dumplings on a baking sheet; freeze for 2 hours. Place in zip-top freezer bags; label and freeze for up to 3 mounths. To cook dumplings from frozen state, steam for 22 to 25 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.