Make-Ahead Party Mashed Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 1/2 cup(s) water
- 12 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) onion salt
- 2 (8 oz.) package(s) cream cheese (cubed and softened)
- 1 (12 oz.) can(s) Pet evaporated milk
- 1 (16 oz.) container(s) sour cream
- 1 package(s) (15.3 oz.) Hungry Jacks instant mashed potatoes (9 cups)
- bacon (optional) cooked and chopped
- parsley (optional) chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Heat water, butter, garlic salt and onion salt to boiling in a 6-quart Dutch Oven or saucepan. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, evaporated milk and sour cream, stirring until cream cheese is dissolved.
- 2. Stir in potato flakes, mixing until all ingredients are well combined. Spread mashed potato mixture into prepared pan.
- 3. Sprinkle with paprika and bake 1 hour or until bubbling around the edges and golden brown. Top with chopped bacon and parsley, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Phyllisue and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note