Make-Ahead Party Mashed Potatoes
Before baking, potato mixture can be covered and stored in the refrigerator up to 48 hours. Remove from refrigerator, sprinkle with paprika and bake as directed.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 1/2 cup(s) water
- 12 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) onion salt
- 2 (8 oz.) package(s) cream cheese (cubed and softened)
- 1 (12 oz.) can(s) Pet evaporated milk
- 1 (16 oz.) container(s) sour cream
- 1 package(s) (15.3 oz.) Hungry Jacks instant mashed potatoes (9 cups)
- bacon (optional) cooked and chopped
- parsley (optional) chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Heat water, butter, garlic salt and onion salt to boiling in a 6-quart Dutch Oven or saucepan. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, evaporated milk and sour cream, stirring until cream cheese is dissolved.
- 2. Stir in potato flakes, mixing until all ingredients are well combined. Spread mashed potato mixture into prepared pan.
- 3. Sprinkle with paprika and bake 1 hour or until bubbling around the edges and golden brown. Top with chopped bacon and parsley, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Phyllisue and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note