Fantastic!! I made these in my stand mixer since using a food processor can break down the gluten in the dough making it tough. I used half whole wheat flour to make it even healthier and ommited the pecans altogether, instead I made a cream cheese frosting. These are staying in roatation.
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 35.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar in 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place 3 3/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, nutmeg, and salt in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until blended. Combine 2/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup water, and egg. With processor on, slowly add milk mixture and yeast mixture through food chute; process until dough forms a ball. Process for an additional minute. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Combine 1/3 cup milk, 1 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and margarine in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Divide pecans evenly between 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray. Top each with half of brown sugar mixture.
- Punch dough down; let rest 5 minutes. Roll into a 24 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; coat entire surface of dough with cooking spray. Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over dough. Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Cut roll into 24 (1-inch) slices, using string or dental floss. Arrange 12 slices, cut sides up, in each pan. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray, and let rise in refrigerator 8 to 24 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake rolls at 375° for 23 minutes. Run a knife around outside edges of pans. Place a plate upside down on top of pan; invert onto plate.
- Mixer Variation: Combine yeast mixture, 3 cups flour, granulated sugar, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. Add 2/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup water, and egg. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until blended. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands. Proceed to step 2.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note