Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
This can be made up to a week in advance. If preparing ahead, place in an ovenproof baking dish, allow to cool slightly, cover and refrigerate.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 pound(s) russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 6 ounce(s) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) Light sour cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; mash until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper and egg whites; blend well. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Add potato mixture. Dot with butter. Cool slightly, cover and refrigerate up to 7 days. Take out of refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until steaming hot in center.
- Note: Alternatively, potatoes can be reheated in a slow-cooker. Take potatoes out of refrigerator about 3 1/2 hours before you plan to serve them. Place in slow-cooker. Dot with butter. Cook on low heat for 3 hours, stirring once or twice. They can be held an additional 30 minutes or longer.
- PER SERVING: calories: 224 (27% from fat); protein: 6 grams; total fat: 7 grams; saturated fat: 4 grams cholesterol: 21 mg; sodium: 287 mg; carbohydrate: 35 grams; dietary fiber: 3 grams
This recipe is a personal recipe added by magillesipe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note