Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 pound(s) russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 6 ounce(s) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) Light sour cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; mash until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper and egg whites; blend well. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Add potato mixture. Dot with butter. Cool slightly, cover and refrigerate up to 7 days. Take out of refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until steaming hot in center.
- Note: Alternatively, potatoes can be reheated in a slow-cooker. Take potatoes out of refrigerator about 3 1/2 hours before you plan to serve them. Place in slow-cooker. Dot with butter. Cook on low heat for 3 hours, stirring once or twice. They can be held an additional 30 minutes or longer.
- PER SERVING: calories: 224 (27% from fat); protein: 6 grams; total fat: 7 grams; saturated fat: 4 grams cholesterol: 21 mg; sodium: 287 mg; carbohydrate: 35 grams; dietary fiber: 3 grams
This recipe is a personal recipe added by magillesipe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note