- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 cups Roasted Turkey Stock, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 29
- caloriesfromfat 75 %
- fat 2.4 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 0.7 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 0.4 g
- carbohydrate 1.6 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 0.1 mg
- sodium 63 mg
- calcium 2 mg
How to Make It
Combine the flour and butter in a medium bowl.
Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add 2 cups stock; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Add the remaining 3 cups stock; bring to a boil.
Stir 1 cup stock into flour mixture, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in sage, salt, and black pepper.