- 1 pound steamer clams, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small red bliss potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 ears shucked corn, cut in half
- 4 (1-pound) whole live Maine lobsters
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- calories 455
- fat 15 g
- satfat 7.2 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 2.8 g
- protein 45.6 g
- carbohydrate 34.1 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 283 mg
- iron 8.8 mg
- sodium 633 mg
- calcium 230 mg
How to Make It
Rinse clams under cold running water; place in a large bowl. Cover with cold water; add black pepper. Let stand 30 minutes; drain and rinse. (This helps clean the clams of any grit.)
Add water to a large stockpot to a depth of 2 inches; bring to a boil. Add potatoes and corn; steam, covered, 5 minutes. Add lobsters headfirst, and add clams; steam, covered, 8 to 10 minutes. Discard any unopened clam shells.
Combine butter and lemon juice in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until butter melts.
Divide lobster, clams, corn, and potatoes among 4 large plates. Ladle broth from bottom of stockpot into a bowl for dipping clams. Serve with melted lemon-butter.