I agree with Meegan about it being too sweet. I added just a touch of club soda to cut the sweetness and make it more refreshing. I've had a love affair with Mai Tais for 50 years and counting. I ordered a gross of little drink umbrellas from Amazon to take back to Mexico with me this winter.
This classic rum-based Mai Tai cocktail recipe, infused with the citrus flavors of orango curaçao, orange juice, and lime juice, is the perfect drink to enjoy at the beach–or when you're dreaming of being there.
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 2 tablespoons orange curaçao
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 dash orgeat
- 1 dash simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Mint, a pineapple slice, and a paper umbrella for garnish
- 1. Fill an 8-oz. glass with ice. Pour in light rum, orange curaçao, orange juice, lime juice, orgeat, and simple syrup.
- 2. Drizzle dark rum on top. Garnish with mint, pineapple slice, and paper umbrella.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note