I agree with Meegan about it being too sweet. I added just a touch of club soda to cut the sweetness and make it more refreshing. I've had a love affair with Mai Tais for 50 years and counting. I ordered a gross of little drink umbrellas from Amazon to take back to Mexico with me this winter.
Photo: Nina Choi
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 2 tablespoons orange curaçao
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 dash orgeat
- 1 dash simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Mint, a pineapple slice, and a paper umbrella for garnish
- 1. Fill an 8-oz. glass with ice. Pour in light rum, orange curaçao, orange juice, lime juice, orgeat, and simple syrup.
- 2. Drizzle dark rum on top. Garnish with mint, pineapple slice, and paper umbrella.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This