- 1 serrano chile, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces maitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2/3 cup canned unsalted pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 poblano chile, seeded and julienned (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 3 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 teaspoons Mexican hot sauce (such as Valentina)
- 8 lime wedges
- calories 272
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 5.6 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 540 mg
- calcium 120 mg
How to Make It
Remove and discard seeds and membranes from half of serrano. Finely chop both chile halves.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned, stirring occasionally. Add serrano, green onions, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper; reduce heat, and cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in beans. Remove mushroom mixture from pan; wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
Increase heat to high. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add corn and poblano; sauté 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Heat tortillas according to package directions.
Place 1/3 cup mushroom mixture in each tortilla. Divide corn mixture evenly among tacos. Top each taco with 2 tablespoons cabbage, 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 teaspoon hot sauce. Serve with lime wedges.