Easy and delicious! My Filipino husband said it reminded him of his food growing up so that's a plus for me! Even my brother loved it. We had cilantro lime rice along with this. Everything was ready in 20 minutes and was perfect!
Mahimahi with Thai Green Curry
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 586
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated fat: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 1372mg
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 mahimahi fillets (each 1 in. thick and 6 oz.)
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, cut into rings
- Cooked rice
- Lime wedges
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°).
- 2. Purée 2/3 cup basil leaves, 1 can coconut milk, and the curry paste in a blender. Cook mixture in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining can coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, the fish sauce, and sugar. Cook sauce at a low boil until thickened, 10 minutes.
- 3. Coat fish with 3 to 4 tbsp. sauce. Coat peppers with about 2 tbsp. sauce.
- 4. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill peppers, covered, turning once, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Grill fish, covered, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. With a wide spatula, carefully transfer to another plate.
- 5. Spoon rice onto a large platter and top with fish. Thinly slice remaining basil. Spoon half of sauce over fish, top with peppers, and sprinkle with basil. Serve with lime wedges and more sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note